PhD, Middlesex University, UK
2006 - present ：Assistant Professor, Department of Insurance and Finance,Chihlee Institution of Technology, Taiwan.
2004 – 2006：Manager of Loan Department, Hua Nan Commercial Bank,London Branch, UK
2001 – 2003：Lecturer, Middlesex University, UK
Risk Management, Risk evaluation and analysis, Enterprise Risk Management, Financial Risk Management, Simulation, Insurance, Financial Market.
Sim (2005) A Method for Treating Dependencies Between Variables in a Simulation Risk Analysis Model, PhD thesis.
1. Alan Pryor, Yiing L. Sim (2005) Look after the pennies in simulation-based decision analysis, and the pounds are more likely to look after themselves, OR 47, London, UK.
2. Lin Y. Chou, Yiing L. Sim and Yu C. Tang (2007) Supplier inducement in automobile insurance: A case of the Taiwan automobile insurance market, The 11th Annual Conference of The Asia-Pacific Risk and Insurance Association, Taipei, Taiwan.
3. Lin Y. Chou, Yiing L. Sim (2007) The case study of Taiwan automobile insurance market: The impact of repair-related activity during the last month of insurance policy, Proceedings of the 2007 Cross-strait insurance and risk management conference proceeding (兩岸保險與危險管理學術研討會論文集) ISBN﹕9789866717055
4. Yiing L. Sim, Wei H. Chen, Ray Chen and Yu C. Tang (2010) A preliminary study on insurance information system: A case study on Winner software, The International Conference on e-Commerce, e- Administration, e-Society, and e-Education (e-CASE) 2010, Macau, China.
5. Yu C. Tang, Ray Chen, Wei H. Chen and Yiing L. Sim (2010) A preliminary evaluation of insurance information system: A case study on UL 123 software, 2010 International conference on APBITM, Cebu, Philipine
6. Lin Y. Chou, Yiing L. Sim and Yu C. Tang (2010) Supplier Inducement in Automobile Insurance: The case of Taiwan Automobile Insurance Market . Indian Journal of Economics No.360 Vol.XIC :pp 159-177 ISSN 0019-5170
Collaboration Research reports:
1. Yiing Sim (2008) A SWOT analysis on a real-time timesheet management system from the enterprise risk management perspective (企業營運風險管理-即時工作管理系統 SWOT 分析)
2. Ray Chen, Yiing L. Sim, Li W. Lee and Yu C. Tang (2009) A study on the essential of information disclosure by life insurance broker (人身保險經紀人資訊揭露之研究)
3. Yiing L. Sim,, Ray Chen and Yu C. Tang (2010) A preliminary study on insurance information system: A case study on Winner software (保險業務員資訊系統之研 究﹕以教育版壽險軟體為例 Winner 保險贏家軟體)
4. Yiing L. Sim,, Ray Chen and Yu C. Tang (2010) A preliminary evaluation of insurance information system: A case study on UL 123 software (保險業務員資訊系統之研 究﹕以教育版壽險軟體為例 UL123 系列)
5. Yiing L. Sim and Laurence Lei (2011) Creative internet marketing for computing accessories (創意電子商品網路行銷推廣計畫)
6. Yiing L. Sim (2015) Research on the needs of insurance intermediary system and its design (保險通路系統之需求與規劃之研究)
7. Yiing L. Sim (2016) 新光人壽業務人員年輕化之研究 - 藉由校外實習成效之評估
8.Yiing L. Sim (2017) The effectiveness of using non-compulsory insurance productplatform for insurance broker 任意險中介平台科技運用之可行性
9. Yiing L. Sim (2018) The evaluation of Taione insurance broker company group insurance information system 台一保險經紀人公司團體保險資訊系統使用之成效
2017 – present Consultant of Insurance Agency Association of the Republic of China 2015 - 2017 Consultant of Cheng Fung Insurance Agency Co. Ltd
2013 – 2018 Financial Controller of CISA